Sunday, 19 November, 2017

Arsène Wenger rules out working with director of football at Arsenal

Featured Image Arsenal plot club-record striker move amidst summer transfer flurry
Clarence Duncan | 10 May, 2017, 01:02

Sunday's 2-0 win over Manchester United boosted their faint top-four hopes, while Wenger has a seventh FA Cup title in his sights ahead of a Wembley showdown with Premier League champions-elect Chelsea.

There are suggestions that Arsenal are keen to carry out structural changes around Wenger to push the club towards a new era from next season, with the appointment of director of football believed to be on the cards.

And he says the club's spending power will not be diminished even if they have to settle for the Europa League next season.

Zorc has a contract with Dortmund that runs until 2019 but a series of disagreements behind the scenes in Dortmund has raised speculation that core staff members could be on the move this summer.

"We are in a strong financial situation and the weight of the Champions League today is less big than it was years ago", said the 67-year-old.

"For me it's important because we want to play at the top level and the top level is the Champions League".

Arsenal are in the market for a top-level striker, with Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette reportedly among their targets.

Having arrived from Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna last August, Perez, with his excellent movement and eye for goal, was seen by many Arsenal fans as a possible answer to the club's long-standing problems at centre-forward.

Wenger said wants him to stay but admitted he may not be able to guarantee him the playing time he wants. "We would have to sit down together to see if he has a reasonable chance to play next season".

Perez has managed just one league goal in 11 appearances this season, but he did net a hat-trick in the Champions League win over Basel late previous year. "Will it impact us I don't know, at the moment we are not in that mode because we want to qualify and we want to give ourselves a chance to be in there". I must confess that and I feel sorry for him on that front. Don't take anything away from his quality.

Recommended

Phoenix Police Announce A Break In The 'Serial Street Shooter' Case Phoenix Police Announce A Break In The 'Serial Street Shooter' Case The Maricopa County prosecutor is yet to decide which charges they would formally bring against him for trial. He is later believed to have fired at random on complete strangers in the street, killing eight people .

UK Conservatives gain in local election; Labour, UKIP sink UK Conservatives gain in local election; Labour, UKIP sink Pollsters YouGov ask panels of voters whether they have a favourable or unfavourable view of the main parties and their leaders. So far, 58% have heard the Prime Minister's "strong and stable' message and can correctly attribute it to the Conservatives".

Google Halts Massive Phishing Attack: Check Your Account Google Halts Massive Phishing Attack: Check Your Account Click an app to see more details about when you authorized it to access your Google account and what information it can access. Google past year put the number of active monthly Gmail users at more than 1 billion.

Children share stories of Iowa dad, a deputy slain on duty Children share stories of Iowa dad, a deputy slain on duty The cars made their way from Omaha to a restaurant along the path of Burbridge's funeral procession in Council Bluffs. Deputy Pat Morgan is recovering at Nebraska Medicine after he was shot and is expected to make a full recovery.